Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromTony Cooper
Date05/01/2014 16:36 (05/01/2014 10:36)
Message-ID<gnm4m9lmt92gjt90q21bti2p66j5mkv572@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (5m)

On 1 May 2014 07:12:24 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Tony Cooper
It is not at all unusual to be in an exchange with a European non-native English speaker who is at the 90-some percent level or above in English proficiency. Sometimes is only those letters after the name in the "From" line by which you know the writer may not be a native speaker.

Sandman
What letters do you have after your name, to signal the same thing?

None. However, sometimes they do follow a name as I said. Eric's posts show the letters "nz" after his name. This tells me he is not posting from the US, but is posting from a country where English is the native language.

I add a sig line that tells people where I am, but it does not state that I am a native speaker of English. It does imply that I am, and you may infer that I am.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL