Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Sandman
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
Message-ID<slrnllib3k.m49.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (57m) > Sandman

In article <3c8il91rpbrj1j3t9qcttjni8uhj8nsdto@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store.

Sandman
The camera section isn't. You know, the section we're talking about. I didn't include the model train section in the size of the Colonial either, since it is of no interest to a camera store size discussion.

Tony Cooper
What is this all about? Popinjay has never been in the B&H store according to his own post. Yet, above, he's claiming that the camera section isn't 70,000 square feet.

Revisitng old posts to create new arguments, ey Tony?

Remember, at the time I had "B&H" and "Best Buy" confused, so my reply was in reference to Best Buy.

It probably isn't since some of the square footage is office, warehouse, and rest rooms, but what has this to do with Colonial and model trains?

I said Colonial was small, and then I said that B&H was also small, meaning Best Buy - the post from you was interpreted by me as a reference to Best Buy's size, and then I clarified that while Best Buy may be huge, their camera section isn't.

Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Tony Cooper
Again, what's this? B&H's allocation to photo-related products is smaller than Colonial's?

Best Buy's.

What does "...the camera section of B&H...(is) larger than colonial...but smaller when it comes to photorelated merchandise" mean? Are cameras not "photorelated" [sic] merchandise?

It means that while Best Buy's square footage of camera-related space is larger than Colonial, Colonial probably has more camera-related merchandise in their smaller space.

It's a muddle of a post

No it isn't, apart from the fact that I wrote "B&H" instead of "Best Buy".

but he *seems* to be saying that the area - the square feet allocated to the photo-related merchandise is large - but there are not many products shown in that area.

Huh, you seem to have interpreted an English sentence correctly. I must note the date in my calendar.

Obviously, he's never been in a New York store where every square inch of space is utilized.

Correct.

Why he would think B&H doesn't utilize display space boggles the mind.

Best Buy doesn't. They have LOTS of space in between shelves, and very few cameras on display.

He's not back thinking that the Best Buy store he was in is a B&H store is he? Can he be this dense?

You responded to a post from before my mistake was made aware to me, so how could I possible be "back" to something when the post is six days old?

You seem to have been so dense to respond to an old post thinking it was a new post. Ooops. Ironic.

-- Sandman[.net]