Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/24/2014 12:04 (04/24/2014 22:04)
Message-ID<v4ohl9h89qtik6lioa61vp7p4nq53s09iv@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (2h & 21m)

On 24 Apr 2014 05:20:53 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <vicgl95fme2eqgmqog47cvjqj2uebb1bs8@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

fully aware of the size of B&H. I was at on in the Florida Loop. It wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store.

Eric Stevens
Are you talking about the B&H in New York?"

Sandman
This doesn't tell me I mixed them up, and the question - given that I had it in my mind that B&H = Best Buy.

Eric Stevens
That and a number of similar messages from others should have told you there was something wrong.

Sandman
Not at all. There was not a single message from anyone (apart from the link in Savageduck's post) that suggested that I may be using the wrong company name.

You are thick if you ignored all the hints hurled in your direction suggesting something was wrong.

You must think we are equally thick if we accept your attempts to weasel out from under your error.

Only confusion based on me calling B&H's camera section "tiny" and not until I posted the address to a Best Buy did Savageduck realize the error and prompt me. At which point, of course, I said "oops, my mistake" and moved on.

You and Tony, however, will argue about this for days and days and days telling me what I thought and everything, instead of just reading plain English.

I didn't misread once, and mistyped five times. Or rather, I didn't "mistype" as in misspelled. I just didn't stop to think that perhaps "B&H" isn't an abbreviation of "Best Buy", since it's not the correct letters, and contains an "&". I just typed without thinking, and I have no problem admitting to my error.

Eric Stevens
Flannel flannel flannel.

Do you expect anyone to actually believe that?

Sandman
I couldn't care less. It's the truth nonetheless. Why would I lie about it?

Eric Stevens
To preserve your self-image.

Sandman
Huh? I made a very stupid and embarassing mistake by repeatedly typing "B&H" when I was in reference to "Best Buy". In what way am I trying to "preserve" a supposed self-image?? I admitted to my error *RIGHT AWAY* when it was pointed out to me, and apologized for the confusion.

How can you say *RIGHT AWAY* after typing "repeatedly typing"?

Trying to preserve some form of warped self-image by ignoring facts and explanations is what you guys do, not I.

Oh no. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (2h & 21m)