Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date05/03/2014 01:28 (05/03/2014 11:28)
Message-ID<jfa8m9tp1atheg4eoqkpckpo4n9g6jg4ab@4ax.com>

On 2 May 2014 07:05:52 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <39n5m9pfb7r8qn6pf0tr86eipo6rfatsld@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Is there no end to your illiteracy? That is spoken by someone saying that there was no intended meaning. It is usually said when someone has inferred something that was not implied.

Eric Stevens
In the case which started all this, you could have done as in the example by explaining that you had not intended the meaning I had inferred. Instead you snipped the statement without saying anything about it. You certainly didn't correct my conclusion.

Sandman
Ok, now I am confused. As far as I can recall, the one who made the claim was Andreas:

You obviously have more interest in following this thread than I have.

Andreas Skitsnack 04/29/2014 <dsdvl9p85jsg36cufb4op9vv09geo43qke@4ax.com>

"What you have implied is that there is some official standard that Agent does not conform with. You have yet to substantiate that."

To which I responded:

"Classic unsubstantiated claim"

Which Andreas didn't respond to, but you replied with:

"Loud Hyena laugh! You have consistently failed to substantiate your claim that there is some official standard that Agent does not comply with. Maybe five times now."

To which I replied:

"Produce a quote of me claiming there is an "official standard", Eric."

Clearly identifying what part of Andreas' statement I objected to.

Andreas can't understand simple English Andreas: Why are you implying I can't understand anything? Sandman: I didn't mean to imply that you can't understand anything.

Now, go lick your wounds and pretend this subthread never occured. You've made enough fool of yourself already.

Eric Stevens
Why don't you just snip it and pretend it never existed?

Sandman
No need.

"If a speaker or writer implies something, they are suggesting it in an indirect way rather than making an explicit statement."

Eric Stevens
Yep. True.

Sandman
Strange you won't support Andreas in this case?

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens