Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Whisky-dave
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromWhisky-dave
Date05/01/2014 12:37 (05/01/2014 03:37)
Message-ID<03a5d520-1d3c-49dd-80bc-82ed1b4ffbda@googlegroups.com>
FollowupsSandman (1h & 3m)

On Thursday, 1 May 2014 11:13:40 UTC+1, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <fl24m9l831mhu483trt3s0245g6n27v2i5@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

... then. I appreciate corrections from knowledgable people that know more about English than I do.

Eric Stevens
Nobody knows more about English than you do.

Sandman
A blatant lie.

Wow at least I can agree with you there. Well it is the 1st of the month.

Eric Stevens
If they try to claim that you will insist that they are wrong.

Sandman
Who are "they" and what are they trying to claim here? Your sentence seem to be missing a word or two.

No you can use the word they in a sentance like the above.

Tony Cooper
Sandman, however, resists correction and goes to great lengths to defend the indefensible.

Sandman
I'm assuming you're talking about yourself here, illiterate Andreas.

Tony Cooper
It must be an ego thing with him.

Sandman
That's what I've been saying about your for a long time, yes.

Eric Stevens
"your" what?

Sandman
Sorry, "you". My bad.

That's the sort or crap that is being brought into the English language, I think I'm right in blaming americans for this one as I first noticed it in some american TV series. Referring to "my bad"

Sandman (1h & 3m)