Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllksdj.qg3.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (23m) > Sandman

In article <o5rkl9t97lclj86nhqdblmavdb21jikv2a@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
Now if you had written that you out-bid Jay Leno to buy this car, the claim would go from sensible to non-sensible.

Sandman
No, it would go from believable to doubtable. There is nothing "insensible" to make such a claim, but it seems unlikely, and you may need an explanation.

Tony Cooper
When you make a big deal claiming someone is "illiterate", it behooves you to write in a literate manner. I don't know why you put quotes around the word "insensible" since you are not quoting what I said, and it is not the opposite of "sensible". It does not have the same meaning as "non-sensible". It has a completely different meaning.

Yes, I wrote the wrong word, sorry about that.

Sandman
Learn to use words, Andreas.

Tony Cooper
Now *that's* ironic. Playing with petards again.

Not at all. You have a real problem using words correctly. The fact that I sometimes mistakes one word for another, and when corrected, admit to it - is not the same as when you use the wrong word and then refuse to admit it and argues for weeks that the English language bends to your current will.

Huge difference.

-- Sandman[.net]