Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/22/2014 00:21 (04/22/2014 10:21)
Message-ID<315bl9te9lipia78r21c87522tgqs4ssra@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (7h & 3m) > Eric Stevens

On 21 Apr 2014 10:32:25 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <28r9l9pfej184qu0q8sja125671pcgqjql@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

B&H's camera section was tiny. I wasn't talking about the entire store, just as I didn't include the size of the entire Colonial store either, since it's some 70% hobby things like model airplanes and such.

Tony Cooper
A blatant lie.

Sandman
Here Tony called me a liar, something I take pretty seriously.

Eric Stevens
You called me a liar and wouldn't even give me the chance to show that I was not lying.

Sandman
No I haven't. I only ever called you a liar when you have repeated a claim I have already proven incorrect.

See your Message-ID: <slrnlbbbcg.tcn.mr@irc.sandman.net> ">You've gone on from there, disputing everything I say and calling

me a liar at every opportunity.

Incorrect, lie boy.

Had you given me the benefit of the least amount of doubt I could have given you https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31088803/_DSC6945.jpg which is a link to a corner of my book shelves. You will see *nine* Paradox manuals covering two generations. In fact the Word Perfect Office 2002 manual describes Paradox 10. I haven't been collecting these as a hobby.

I didn't click the link, nor do I care about what you claim about anything. You are a proven liar and every single claim you ever make will be assumed to be a lie. I will no longer ask you to support your claims since I know most of them are lies. Neither am I intrested in this attempt at you dragging up subjects in your normal troll-fashion from months ago."

From the above you will see you have called me a liar before you even gave me a chance to show that I was not lying. Even when on this occasion I tried to give you the evidence of the books I still hold you responded by saying "I didn't click the link".

You might have forgotten all this but I can assure you that I haven't.

Well, not the claim itself, when it comes from trolls like Tony, but lying and honesty, which I think is important.

Eric Stevens
So do I.

Sandman
I'm not convinced.

Anyone that have read my posts know that whem I make a claim I am *always* happy to support the claim or admit to it being in error. This is the case in 100% of all my claims, ever.

Eric Stevens
Happy? You? Don't be bloody silly. Unless you are shot between the eyes you fight like a hooked fish to avoid acknowledging your errors.

Sandman
Incorrect. I *ALWAYS* admit to my errors when they are shown to me. 100% of the times. What you are referring to is when you CLAIM I am wrong, but are unable to support that claim.

" ... when they are shown to me". And when you look.

I don't lie, period.

Eric Stevens
False.

Sandman
Prove it, or apologize.

<>

As you can plainly see, I was mistaken - the part of the store devoted to the camera section is roughly half the size I estimated, which means it's even smaller than I thought. So I was wrong, but not in a way that benefitted Tony's opinion on the matter.

Eric Stevens
Bugger the percentages. You haven't even tried to determine the scale the plan is drawn to. How can you even begin to estimate the area devoted to photography if you haven't done that?

Sandman
Because I was there, that's how estimates are done.

The scale the plan is drawn to is irrelevant when calculating percentages.

And 99% of nothing much is still very small. The whole store is claimed to 15,000 sq.ft (approx 150 sq metres) so (say) 30% 4500 sq.ft which is not the area of a small store.

Tony claims the drawing isn't to scale, which supposedly means that the upper part of the store (in the drawing) is significantly larger or smaller than the drawing suggests, in comparison to the other parts of the store.

I'm sure he'll claim it looks more like this:

<>

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens