Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/28/2014 02:00 (04/28/2014 12:00)
Message-ID<3a6rl9l9a7jvb4gvi1iipq6qmuacoqf6o7@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (5h & 8m) > Eric Stevens

On 27 Apr 2014 10:42:07 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <p3jol956vjcke7rn76b8chgmgoqkkahhvo@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

No, it wasn't logically correct. But I do understand that you would come in to defend him. Trust me, he needs all the help he can get. He's total road kill by now.

Eric Stevens
Person A who wants something specific done adds it as a requirement.

Sandman
No, he doesn't. A requirement is something that HAS to be done, not something you WANT to be done.

Eric Stevens
From then on persons B, C, D etc have to that specific thing.

Sandman
Use it in an example.

I want security on my computer. I have set it up so it is requirement that all users have to log in with a password.

From when I did that persons B, C, D etc have to log into my computer with a password if they want to use it.

Person A wants a pizza, so he adds the "requirement" that for person B to visit him, he has to bring along a pizza, or else he's not welcome.

The desire is a pizza The requirement for person B to visit is to bring a pizza

Not only is person A an asshole (his name might be Tony) to his friends, but he himself does NOT have a requirement for pizza. The phrase "a requirement is what you want to do" is NOT relevant here. Tony doesn't require a pizza, he's just being an asshole and telling his friends that they can't come over unless they bring one.

He's basically saying that "After someone (Tony) who wanted to do (backup files) what the requirement requires (attach backup disk) adds it as a requirement" which is totally illogical.

The requirement to attach the backup drive exists already, the user wanting to make backups doesn't "add" it was a requirement, it's already there.

Eric Stevens
I'm not going back into that argument.

Sandman
So what are you doing here? Hot air?

He's basically caught and he's trying word games to be as elusive as possible and snip out the entire post where I kindly educated him about what a requirement is.

Eric Stevens
I don't blame him for doing the snipping.

Sandman
Me neither, and I predicted it as well. He can't handle these things so he has to run away.

While you stand there and blather. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens