Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

PeterN
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromPeterN
Date04/18/2014 22:59 (04/18/2014 16:59)
Message-ID<lis3nn01jhv@news6.newsguy.com>
FollowsTony Cooper

On 4/18/2014 2:02 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:57:50 -0400, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 4/17/2014 11:19 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-18 02:34:56 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
In article <h46uk9h708v9dmb4fe1iqega3tvr2763g0@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Eric Stevens
Here is Camera & Camera, my preferred store in Auckland. This what they sell: https://www.camera-camera.com/

And here is what they sell it in: http://tinyurl.com/ku9es8f

Physically they are not large but judging by what they do, they are quite a big store. At least they feel that way to me.

Sandman
I'm not sure what I should do with this information.

Eric Stevens
It might help you give a reference point when people use words like, large, small, tiny, microscopic etc.

Tony Cooper
I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store.

Sandman
The camera section isn't. You know, the section we're talking about. I didn't include the model train section in the size of the Colonial either, since it is of no interest to a camera store size discussion.

Tony Cooper
Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Savageduck
You can't possibly be serious, unless you were in Bob & Harry's photo store. You don't sound as if you actually visited B&H Photo Video.

PeterN
IIRC B&H sends people to locations were they set up a small area. This could include camera stores that receive a percentage of the gross that B&H does from that location. it's win, win for both B&H and the local location. That B&H has such a deal with local camera stores, is pure speculation on my part. That B&H has travelling representatives, is not speculation.

Tony Cooper
I've never seen mention of a B&H rep at Colonial, but there's a Keh representative at Colonial this week buying used equipment or giving Colonial the proceeds as a trade-in amount if the customer wants to buy new equipment. Keh has been to several Florida locations this month. I'm on their mailing list.

They may go to the smaller stores. But, that is pure speculation on my part.

-- PeterN