Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/15/2014 06:07 (04/15/2014 00:07)
Message-ID<itbpk9p36u94atcpcf9ptc6h4hmgriff9k@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (1h & 43m) > Tony Cooper

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 22:42:06 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <nc5pk9hk65oc4shf8q0aemltd30nsfo212@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
Again, I don't know what you are used to. At Best Buy, they have a lot of cameras on open shelves with security cables.

nospam
often without batteries (or dead ones) and possibly without a lens. it's a crapshoot there.

Tony Cooper
I haven't paid close attention, but I don't recall ever seeing a dslr on the counter at Best Buy without a lens.

nospam
i have on numerous occasions. not always, but often enough to where it can be a problem.

Tony Cooper
I think, based on a comment by you some time ago, I did check a Best Buy and found one of 24 that wouldn't turn on and reported that information here. I wouldn't call that "often".

nospam
you think wrong.

Well, you consider 4-point-something percent of the display models to be without a battery to be enough to be "often", so that shows your aptitude in assessing a problem. It does cast doubt on your use of "numerous", though.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (1h & 43m) > Tony Cooper