Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllvm15.drk.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (53m) > Sandman

In article <mmgvl950pli5vaosl08due5ksktv2hcf0m@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
Yes, and some feel that the Forte's Agent is the measure to which others should be held.

Sandman
And some people think Colonial is a huge camera store. That doesn't make it a standard. A standard is something that can be measured against. One item is not something you can measure against, at least not in the context of the word "standard".

Tony Cooper
You cannot make a store a standard, but you can use one store as a standard to be measured against.

But not "the" standard. Use the dictionary. The funny thing is that I actually think you know exactly how the word "standard" is used in this sense. You're just here to argue as much as possible, disrupting the groups as much as possible.

Sandman
More definitions:

standard used or accepted as normal or average - (of a size, measure, design, etc.) such as is regularly used or produced; not special or exceptional: all these doors come in a range of standard sizes.

Tony Cooper
You have just endeavored to make the point that one item is not something you can measure against. While the point is invalid, if it is valid it destroys your argument. The treatment of threads is only one way to compare newsreaders. In actuality, we compare newsreaders by many different points.

Dictionary ->Andreas left ear (void) Andreas right ear ->Dictionary.

(cue: "I don't read usenet posts with my ears! Sandman think ears are eyes!")

The definition you've chosen allows any newsreader to be the "standard" to which others are compared.

Sandman
Only to an illiterate clown.

Tony Cooper
Typical responses from you when you can't come up with a meaningful counterpoint.

You mean apart from the ones I've already posted?

Why do you refuse to have an adult read the posts and help you with them?

-- Sandman[.net]