Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/30/2014 02:13 (04/30/2014 12:13)
Message-ID<b6d0m91vk0gufbcgq5vuste8sqv4i83l61@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (7h & 29m) > Eric Stevens

On 29 Apr 2014 13:33:31 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <cp8vl9d6943p7vnj7f1i6o0n2hp27bcddk@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Oh, and please answer my related post as well -

Tony Cooper
We are still waiting for substantiation - which you "always" provide - that Forte Agent is a broken newsreader that doesn't conform to the standards for a newsreader.

Sandman
What standards? I said non-standard, not "not conforming to standards for a newsreader". Why can't you read?

Tony Cooper
That's interesting. Popinjay says that "non-standard" does not mean "not conforming to standards".

Sandman
Andreas showcases another illitracy.

Tony Cooper
He then provides examples of what other newsgroups do

Sandman
If I were an asshole like you, I'd make fun of you for saying "newsgroups" here, but I won't. You just wrote the wrong word and such things happen.

Tony Cooper
but - in no way - substantiates that there is a "standard".

Sandman
Here comes Andreas worst enemy - the dictionary:

standard noun 2 an idea or thing used as a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations

Tony Cooper
What he's shown is that different newsreaders list threads differently,

Sandman
No, that's the point. Not differently. The same. They list threads the same. Differently means that they do it in different ways, which I have not shown. I have shown that news clients show it the *same* way. The exact opposite of what you just wrote.

Please identify for each news reader what it is they do the same that makes it a 'standard' in your opinion. Please explain what it is that Agent does that is different and wrong.

You will find my screen shot of the Agent display at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31088803/Agent%20Thread.jpg

Tony Cooper
not that any of them are held to a standard.

Sandman
They *are* the standard. The norm or model in comparative evaluation.

Tony Cooper
He slides past his earlier claim that Agent is "broken".

Sandman
How so? Not threading posts according to the sequencing provided IN those posts makes it broken to me.

I wondered whether we would get to this. So, if after a number of messages on subject A some swings over to subject B and signifies that they are now talking about something different by changing the subject header, you would prefere to have the two different subjects continue all mixed up in the same thread.

Well you might, but I prefer to have the new subject displayed as a separate thread so that I may read it or ignore it as I see fit. So too a lot of other people.

Tony Cooper
I guess we can add "standards" and "substantiate" to the list of words that Popinjay doesn't understand.

Sandman
Haha, the irony!

Tony Cooper
He's as confused here as he was when he stood in a Best Buy and thought it was a branch of B&H Camera.

Sandman
I see you're still a lying asshole.

Tony Cooper
There should be a requirement for Popinjay to actually think before he writes. I know that I would want that, and requirements are the result of what someone wants to have happen.

Sandman
No no, a "requirement is what you want to do", so says Andreas Skitsnack, our resident idiot.

You can only handle the simplest thinking, can't you.

I won't plonk you on this thread as I would like to see your response to my comments in the above article. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (7h & 29m) > Eric Stevens