Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromSavageduck
Date04/18/2014 17:02 (04/18/2014 08:02)
Message-ID<2014041808023041594-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (2h & 56m) > Savageduck

On 2014-04-18 11:47:30 +0000, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>said:

Tony Cooper
On 18 Apr 2014 11:22:54 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <2014041720193654426-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

Tony Cooper
Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Savageduck
You can't possibly be serious, unless you were in Bob & Harry's photo store. You don't sound as if you actually visited B&H Photo Video.

Sandman
Huh? Are you saying that the Best Buy at 1620 W Osceola Pkwy has a much larger camera section than I am claiming it does? Why on earth would I lie about that? IN fact, have I ever lied at any point? (Hint: no).

The camera section in this Best Buy was small, they had very few SLR bodies around, and a very small selection of P&S cameras as well.

Tony Cooper
I don't think you lied. I think you just made a mistake in writing B&H instead of Best Buy, but I have no idea why you think a Best Buy's camera inventory is something to report on or to compare with Colonial Photo's inventory.

Hell! I have been in a Staples Office Supply which has a better photo inventory than our local Best Buy. However, they both have the same lack of knowledge when it comes to photography equipment. Not the most comprehensive inventory, and not the best pricing, They will show you a D800 body (yup! they have D800s at Staples) for $3449.99 and tell you to consider a Canon T3i + kit lens for $599 because they believe it to be a similar product.

Neither compare to B&H or Adorama.

Your next mistake will be to not just admit you erred in several posts and didn't catch your error despite clear indications in responses that B&H is a NYC store.

-- Regards,

Savageduck