Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Sandman
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
Message-ID<slrnll7l9u.sun.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <a6j7l9hcn0itf761m63c4pbqu55ik1l779@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
That's *EXACTLY* my point, Eric! The data is worthless as statistics.

Tony Cooper
A data point can be a worthless indicator for statistical analysis or for statistical projection. Many data points can be a worthless indicator for statistical analysis or for statistical projection.

It is not the number of data points that determines the validity of the data.

No one has claimed it is. I have correctly claimed that one data point is worthless as statistical data.

Here's the exchange again:

Tony Cooper 04/14/2014 <p5kok9l5g0p7h4ci045d0rig6i8qe3s0lv@4ax.com>

"Again, I don't know what you are used to. At Best Buy, they have a lot of cameras on open shelves with security cables."

So, a general claim about "Best Buy". not one specific Best Buy, but the chain itself.

nospam 04/15/2014 <140420142210184677%nospam@nospam.invalid>

"often without batteries (or dead ones) and possibly without a lens. it's a crapshoot there."

A comment from nospam about the general state of these cameras at Best Buy locations, not one location.

Tony Cooper Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/15/2014 <nc5pk9hk65oc4shf8q0aemltd30nsfo212@4ax.com>

"I think, based on a comment by you some time ago, I did check a Best Buy and found one of 24 that wouldn't turn on and reported that information here. I wouldn't call that "often"."

A comment from you with one data point collected at one time, which as statistics to counter the "often" claim, which was your intention, is totally worthless. It doesn't counter nospam's claim in any way or fashion, and it baffles the mind why you even brought it up.

-- Sandman[.net]