Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllklg1.q4g.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsSavageduck

In article <2014042504310914877-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

Sandman
How so? I was talking about Best Buy, and you said (as I read it) calling Best Buy tiny didn't make any sense, which is a perfectly valid response from you. There is nothing in that response that would have me believe that I had mistakenly abbrivated Best Buy incorrectly.

Savageduck
I am not going to debate the minutiae of this issue, but I will spell out and track my part in this mess. That you had made some sort of mistake was obvious to many of us.

Cool, so why didn't you just tell me?

It was not my intention to do anything more than give you a clue that there was something wrong.

But you didn't... It might have been your intention, but your post said nothing about me perhaps having used the wrong store name.

I had hoped that you would have seen the mistake. Unfortunately you did not get it until three days later.

Yeah, it was only pointed out to me three days later.

And you know, your post was this:

Savageduck 04/16/2014 <2014041607181084984-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"...B&H was also very tiny."???

None of that response makes any sense at all."

This says NOTHING about me maybe being having mistakenly used the wrong store name. I replied with "Why not?" and you wrote this:

Savageduck 04/18/2014 <2014041719593639934-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"...B&H was also very tiny."?? Those are your words aren't they? If you consider B&H "very tiny" what exactly do you consider a large store?

B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/NYSuperStore08.jsp

As you can see, you were still trying to convince me that B&H wasn't a tiny store, not once trying to make me aware of the fact that I might have mistaken the name of the store. There is nothing in this post that suggest that you knew I was making a mistake.

Now, I will admit (and I have in another post) that had I followed the link in your post, I would have realized my error one day earlier (i.e. this wasn't three days before, but the day before).

I didn't follow the link, because in my mind we were talking about Best Buy, and I thought you just were in reference to the entire store being "massive", which I could agree with. Best Buy *is* a massive store.

This was my reply:

Sandman 04/18/2014 <slrnll2206.dge.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"I am fully aware of the size of B&H. I was at on in the Florida Loop. It wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store. MediaMarkt in Europe is bigger though, at least that the one in the Loop. BUt, I was only in reference to their tiny camera section, which had some 5-6 SLR bodies, some 10+ P&S and some other assorted cameras."

Again, still talking about Best Buy, still incorrectly calling it B&H, because I was just making YOU aware of that I wasn't talking about the entire store, just the tiny camera section.

If you had known I had made a mistake, you could have told me then and there, because it's quite clear that I am not in reference to B&H, but you didn't reply to that post.

As you can see, apart from your link, there was no information from you (or anyone) prior to the 19th that would have med believe that I had made a mistake. You were just questioning my claim of "tiny" and I took it that you thought I meant that the entire Best Buy store was tiny.

For the next three days you still did not recognize or acknowledge your error. It was only after you read my response to Eric on April 19, 2014 that you finally, to my relief understood what several of us had been trying to tell you.

Sandman
So, at what point did *anyone* tell me that I wrote "B&H" when I meant "Best Buy"? You certainly didn't above.

Savageduck
OK! In my second post on the subject, on April 17, there was this exchange where the hint was a tad stronger, unfortunately you told us that you ignored the URL I provided at that time:

That was the 18th, though. And yes, I've already acknowledged that the link is the only viable "nudge" I received, but it wasn't given because you thought I was in reference to some other store, it was given since you questioned my use of "tiny", and as support for the size of B&H. Had you thought I meant some other store than B&H, you wouldn't have sent me a link to B&H's homepage.

Sandman: Huh? Are you saying that the Best Buy at 1620 W Osceola Pkwy has a much larger camera section than I am claiming it does? Why on earth would I lie about that? IN fact, have I ever lied at any point? (Hint: no).

Sandman
Savageduck: You understand that up until this morning you have been talking about B&H, not Best Buy? Read your original statement and all your subsequent remarks until this AM.

You have to realize that this post came in the same batch as posts as the one where I acknowledged my error. This post was chronologically earlier than the one where I acknowledged my error, but it appeared after in my news reader. I only responded to one and admitted my error, not all. This is why I didn't respond to this post - which actually is a post where you are actually making me aware of my error - but again, I had already read the other post and done my "ooops, sorry" by the time I read this (we went back to Sweden on the 18th, so there's a time difference and travel time to account for as well). You will note that since that post and my acknowledgement post, I made no further posts about this, or where I made the error again.

Savageduck
As far as camera stores in the USA go there are only two comparable retail operations with equally strong online presence; B&H and Adorama.

Cool.

there was no need to keep pounding away at this issue, and the time has come for Tony, Eric and you to close this endless debate.

Sandman
They won't. I didn't "open" it, I am merely responding to their trolling and misinformation.

Savageduck
...and yet here we are. Time to let it go.

I have no problem letting it go. I am just correcting misinformation.

-- Sandman[.net]