Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromTony Cooper
Date04/29/2014 15:41 (04/29/2014 09:41)
Message-ID<4g9vl95dbtdq4gi3tjcep139gl71qda1gb@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (8m) > Tony Cooper
android (2h & 4m)

On 29 Apr 2014 05:58:33 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <bs8t58Fa2u6U2@mid.individual.net>, android wrote:

Desire - Person A want to submit a password

android
To fulfill my desire to drive a car i'm required to have a license that allows me to do so...

Sandman
Exactly! Your desire is not to have a license, it's to drive a car. Getting a license is a requirement, something you HAVE to do, not what you WANT to do.

And why is that requirement in place? Could it be because someone *wanted* that to be a requirement? Without that "want", there would be no written requirement.

Requirements don't just appear from the mist. They are added because someone wants that requirement in place.

You seem to be taking the position that a requirement is something that exists without a history; something that has always been extant. That's incorrect. A requirement is born of a want.

No driver's licenses were required when automobiles first began to be used. It became a requirement in the UK in 1903 with the Motor Car Act of 1903 because the members of Parliament *wanted* this restriction. Other countries followed suit.

It's a pretty simple concept to understand by anyone with a rudimentary intellectual capacity.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman (8m) > Tony Cooper
android (2h & 4m)