Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllf409.frm.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (11h & 37m) > Sandman

In article <860fl91tl4p375r52j2ql36j3cgtt5arhu@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
But you DID think "Best Buy was a nationally known camera store (B&H)."

Sandman
No, I did not. That's an incorrect statement. I was talking about Best Buy the entire time, but I accidentally typed "B&H" for whatever reason I can't explain myself.

Eric Stevens
You started off by reading my use of B&H as referring to a store 'in the Loop'

Sandman
What do you mean by your use?

Eric Stevens
I thought I was the first to introduce B&H in Message-ID: <s69rk9dqeaov7ksrm8v5uo7cpkrpn5ln81@4ax.com>but I nowsee that Tony beat me to it.

Yeah, that's probably what led me astray, and I just linked "B&H" to "Best Buy" which I had been to earlier. Really weird mistake, but that's probably what happened.

It took several prods from others for you to wake up and acknowledge your error.

Sandman
No, just one, this one:

Savageduck Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/19/2014 <2014041815195625550-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"We have already established that Jonas has mixed up and misidentified a Florida Best Buy as B&H Photo Video of NYC. B&H has no presence in any State other than NY. Its global online reach negates that necessity."

That was the post that made me see my error. This is my response:

Sandman Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/19/2014 <slrnll5o04.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Wow, my bad. You know, I didn't even stop to think about it. I have been talking about Best Buy, yes. Sorry about the confusion."

Eric Stevens
You missed Message-ID: <2014041719593639934-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen. <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/NYSuperStore08.jsp >

Not at all. While I didn't click the link (which may have helped), what Savageduck wrote didn't necessarily tell me that I had them mixed up. Best Buy *IS* a massive store, but their camera section isn't.

That was posted after I had already realized and admitted to my error.

Same with this one.

Sandman
fully aware of the size of B&H. I was at on in the Florida Loop. It wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store.

Eric Stevens
Are you talking about the B&H in New York?"

This doesn't tell me I mixed them up, and the question - given that I had it in my mind that B&H = Best Buy.

Now we just have to see if Jonas acknowledges his error."

You just quoted the same post I quoted above, again, saying I "missed" it.

Sandman
I didn't misread once, and mistyped five times. Or rather, I didn't "mistype" as in misspelled. I just didn't stop to think that perhaps "B&H" isn't an abbreviation of "Best Buy", since it's not the correct letters, and contains an "&". I just typed without thinking, and I have no problem admitting to my error.

Eric Stevens
Flannel flannel flannel.

Do you expect anyone to actually believe that?

I couldn't care less. It's the truth nonetheless. Why would I lie about it? It was a silly mistake to make either way.

... and I gently prodded you at least twice ...

Sandman
How? All I remember is you asking me if I've been to NY, which told me nothing about the matter, given the fact that I had no idea B&H was NY-only.

Had you said "Eh, Sandman, B&H exists only in NY, are you really writing this correctly", then you would have "prodded" and helped me find my error.

Eric Stevens
See above.

Yes, please do.

-- Sandman[.net]