Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllth94.9ia.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (1h & 19m) > Sandman

In article <8jgtl99u98q9b7cl3vbumrjjj60au2c3hv@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
From then on persons B, C, D etc have to that specific thing.

Sandman
Use it in an example.

Eric Stevens
I want security on my computer.

Sandman
I.e. you *desire* security, security isn't required of you. It's something you want. Fine, good use of the word "want" there!

Eric Stevens
I have set it up so it is requirement that all users have to log in with a password.

Sandman
I.e. "all users" are required to submit a password, and it's not something they "want".

Now, remember the quote from Andreas:

"A requirement is what you want to do"

Eric Stevens
You go away and argue with Tony about his definition. You asked me to give an example ilustrating the situation I put forward in Message-ID: <p3jol956vjcke7rn76b8chgmgoqkkahhvo@4ax.com>and that is what I have done.

Sandman
Yes, and a very good example that shows that Tony used the word incorrectly, which was my point. A requirement is not what you want to do, which your example clearly shows.

Eric Stevens
It is if I am person A.

In your example, there were no requirements posed for person A, he's the one who added it, not the one subject to it.

Sandman
I love it when you post something and after the fact you realize that you agreed with me 100% and it really messes with your mind.

Like when you respond to Tony thinking that you're responding to me and complain about what he says. :)

Eric Stevens
Vanity on your part.

I.e. facts that you can't deal with.

-- Sandman[.net]