Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllcame.3cu.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsEric Stevens (37m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (8h & 36m) > Sandman

In article <f74cl91meih347rj6t987iuq488tf4047a@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
In this case, yes. Percentages doesn't make things tiny, it's the percentage of *what* that makes something tiny or huge.

Tony Cooper
What? The percentage that something is of the whole makes that something "tiny" or "huge"? You really want to go with this?

Sandman
Why can't you ever read English?

Tony Cooper
I read, and responded to, the English you wrote.

But you didn't understand it.

The "what" is the whole.

The "what" is the metric of which the percentage is a part of. 20% isn't a size, 20% of 1 meter is a size.

That's what percentages do: they represent a calculated part of the whole. No matter what size the whole is, a percentage of that whole can be a tiny or huge amount.

But 20% is never huge nor tiny, only if you add the "of what" can it be either.

Some lament that Colonial does not discount accessory items or have sales other than factory-sponsored specials, but that's not a size issue.

Sandman
Naturally. But that's a shame.

Tony Cooper
No, it's a business decision.

Sandman
Which is a shame.

Tony Cooper
I don't think that a business feels that optimizing profitability is a "shame".

I never said it was.

And you presume to tell them that they could operate in a more "selling manner"?

Sandman
And you presume that they are already operating at maximum capacity? Really? Haha.

Tony Cooper
Maximum capacity? What is that in regard to sales? How many customers can be fit in the store? "Capacity" is size or volume. Using "maximum capacity" in this context is about at the level of writing "haha" or "selling manner".

What a store aims for is maximum profitability and ROI.

And you still think they're operating at maximum capacity with regards to profatibility and return of investment? Haha!

Sandman
Who talked about RC models? Why can't you ever read English?

Tony Cooper
You wrote some idiocy about "Then perhaps he could flesh out and make a bigger camera section where he can show the merchandise in a more selling manner."

Assuming that "flesh out" means expanding the camera section by reducing the space allocated to some other products, then RC models would be the first considered since the RC models are sold in the area adjacent to the present camera area.

WTF, you're the one that talked about building/buying a different store, remember? Why can't you read English??

"I suspect that the owner, Don Rausch, would like to have a more modern physical facility in a more attractive neighborhood."

You should have looked at the representation of the store layout. You wouldn't have to ask another stupid question.

Why - you said it wasn't to scale, so for all I know - you're claiming that the hobby part makes up less than 1% of the store layout.

Me, having actually been to the store, knows this is false, but you'd probably claim it for that very reason.

You are about as observant in this as you were in "the loop" when you thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store.

Sandman
A blatant lie.

Tony Cooper
Well, you did state that in several posts.

Another blatant lie. I never stated in one single post that I thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store. Stop repeating this lie.

There are two Vietnamese grocery stores in the building to the north of Colonial. *Large* grocery stores.

Sandman
So, tiny then? Your opinion about store size is out the window, remember?

Tony Cooper
And you are sinking faster than the Grå Ulven and the Den Stora Draken did.

Best endorsement I could ever get. Thanks.

-- Sandman[.net]