Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllpnin.31b.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
Followupssid (34m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (5h & 16m) > Sandman

In article <mtcol9lp34gc4097kmh1mkmdc6idf36uoe@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Eric Stevens
You are somewhat dumb. What Tony wrote was logically correct even if it was slightly complicated to understand.

Sandman
No, it wasn't logically correct. But I do understand that you would come in to defend him. Trust me, he needs all the help he can get. He's total road kill by now.

He's basically saying that "After someone (Tony) who wanted to do (backup files) what the requirement requires (attach backup disk) adds it as a requirement" which is totally illogical.

Tony Cooper
What? The sentence in question did not refer to a backup

See what I mean about illiteracy? I never claimed it was - I used a scenario for your jumbled up idiotic sentence.

It refers to the nature of a what a "requirement" is.

No, it doesn't. Because you do not understand what a requirement is.

Desire - Something you want to do. Requirement - Something you have to do.

Think from global to specific and you may be able to understand that it is a clear and accurate statement.

Keep telling yourself that.

Do laptops require a password to entered to access the system?

No, they do not.

Yes, if the requirement has been added because the owner wants the requirement to be present.

Incorrect. The user wants added security, not just add a password prompt for the sake of a password prompt. One of the options the user has is to enable password logins.

Desire - The user wants to have added security Requirement - Enable a measure for added security

And then:

Desire - The user wants to use his computer Requirement - Submit credentials to the security measure

Some laptops have had fingerprint readers in the past, some have had voice-enabled logins etc etc. "Password" is just one option (sometimes the only option) to enable added security. The user doesn't get a laptop with the desire to enable a password prompt. Nor does he sit down at it with the desire to type in his password.

-- Sandman[.net]

sid (34m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (5h & 16m) > Sandman