Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromTony Cooper
Date04/29/2014 23:20 (04/29/2014 17:20)
Message-ID<3o40m9hs9i0m373gi81vdm17st61sbnkam@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (9h & 11m)

On 29 Apr 2014 19:54:27 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <b8mvl9hh7qmegvl865hbkqk50juek9rmdh@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
You cannot make a store a standard, but you can use one store as a standard to be measured against.

Sandman
But not "the" standard. Use the dictionary.

Tony Cooper
<snip illiteracy>

Sandman
I know you don't know the meaning of the word "standard" as defined in the dictionary. No need to babble on and on about it.

The funny thing is that I actually think you know exactly how the word "standard" is used in this sense. You're just here to argue as much as possible, disrupting the groups as much as possible.

Tony Cooper
Yes, I do, but in *both* senses.

Sandman
No, *this* sense. Just because a word can be used in several ways doesn't mean I used it in any other sense than the one I used it for, little man.

Kind of an interesting post from the Swedish Popinjay. In other posts, he has whined and objected to snipping. Here, he snips like a mad tailor to cut away the statements that refute his nonsense argument.

I covered the word in "this" sense; the one you used. I covered how anything can be "a standard" or "the standard". I gave examples.

Popinjay gets more and more hysterical and shrill with each post. All he has left in the Popinjay popgun are pompoms of insults and the repetition of nonsense.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman (9h & 11m)