Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllufjd.b2u.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (3h & 38m) > Sandman

In article <nfcul9ll4pse7unk3pq1calh55vq9fobs9@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

android
A new thread would require a new and not modified subject, new content with out references to another article in order to continue an argument and no references in the headers. The last would be hijacking an old thread since some folks might have marked it and there newsclients might highlight it for them thus giving the articles undue exposure....

Eric Stevens
It seems as though there are as many ideas of what makes a thread as there are people.

Not at all. It's a standard that news clients use, and the function of the headers. See my post with examples from six clients that does it the right way.

In the end I guess it depends upon how each person, personally, wants to file the articles they receive. I'm not going to ram any particular definition down anyone's throat.

Haha, good one, Eric. I take it that you've finally is starting to realize that Agent may not actually be doing it right.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (3h & 38m) > Sandman