Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllnpoe.v9e.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <14pll9d9f19cvojb7qbej54phf58l59grr@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
Also consider that the rest of the world uses the metric system, and "70,000 suare feet" isn't a good size reference for me either way.

Eric Stevens
I find it very hard to believe that you don't know that dividing by 10 is a good approximation i.e. 7000 sq mtrs.

Tony Cooper
I made some reference to someone's camera recently, and Popinjay went on a minor rant about me not looking up the camera before commenting. What's easier to look up than a conversion site to understand what 70,000 square feet is in his system of measurement?

So how big is the Best Buy in the loop? Could it be about 6,500 square meters? Probably, I don't know. Can't say I'm good with approximating square footage by eye. For instance, Colonial is 15,000 square foot, which is 1,400 square meters, but I wouldn't have guessed. An empty room is easier to guess than a filled one as well.

So when I am talking about Best Buy, and someone questioning me calling it tiny and saying it's 70,000 square feet, then I read that as this person saying that Best Buy is 70,000 square feet, which is a perfectly believable figure, so why would I even convert it?

-- Sandman[.net]