Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/16/2014 23:40 (04/16/2014 17:40)
Message-ID<1uttk994cb4dd6j4jqvtdd07pufs1igl08@4ax.com>
Followupsnospam (19h & 15m)
Sandman (1d, 4h & 43m)

On 16 Apr 2014 14:16:52 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <q3ark9h7srtcnkctektjrn4b7atgkdt56i@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

nospam
i'd estimate that in somewhere around half the visits, there is at least one problem camera on display, either visually, such as missing a lens or otherwise obviously broken, or something wrong in actual testing, such as with a dead battery or otherwise non-functional.

so it's not 4%.

Tony Cooper
It is 4-point-something for the one store that I reported on. Actual figures used, not "way more" and "probably" or "based on my experience".

Sandman
It certainly is based on your very very narrow experience with one single store.

Tony Cooper
I've made no claim for Best Buy stores other than the one store that I actually checked out.

Sandman
Which renders the claim as statistical information worthless.

Tony Cooper
You, however, use the broad brush without actually checking.

Sandman
You mean, other than his explicit claim about: "I'd estimate that in somewhere around half the visits", which means that he has at least visited enough stores for a number of them being "about half", which puts it roughly in at least around ten stores (4/10 is "about half"), so he already has ten times as much statistical data than you (i.e. infintaely more, since you have none).

Whoa, there. Where do you get that he's visited more than one store? He doesn't say that. You're reading something into to it that isn't there.

His statement could refer to three visits to one store. nospam rarely uses specifics; he usually used hand-waves like "most", "a lot", and such. Usually with asterisks that are supposed to give his meaningless claim some emphasis.

You're just making shit up.

Tony Cooper
All it really points out is that some Best Buy managers do a better job than others in seeing that the display products are functional and in working order.

Sandman
No it doesn't.

Baseless claim, as usual. Unsubstantiated, to use your word.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (19h & 15m)
Sandman (1d, 4h & 43m)