Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/22/2014 06:44 (04/22/2014 00:44)
Message-ID<ggrbl99ut6ec7grlmhrraijb4nc9m46e5n@4ax.com>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (4h & 40m)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:25:33 +1200, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
I am now fairly confident that you only have a layman's knowledge of statistics. You are welcome to show that I am wrong.

Worse. He has a layman's misunderstanding of statistics. I had to take statistics courses, and courses using applied statistics, in both undergraduate Business School and in a graduate MBA program.

I have to admit that they were the most difficult courses that I had to get through. I had no problem understanding the concepts, but I did have difficulty in working with the math aspect. In those days, no calculators were allowed in classes or tests, and all computations had to be done by hand. I'd make a mistake early-on in the calculation process and the error would compound itself in the later process.

Grasping the concepts, though, were easy for me. I could tell you what we doing, and why we were doing it, but I'd have the wrong final answers because of my math.

Since we're discussing concepts here, not working out a statistics exercise, I'm comfortable. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Eric Stevens (4h & 40m)