Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date05/04/2014 00:23 (05/04/2014 10:23)
Message-ID<dtqam910s4pq4qbrpn8a30bpiuuvhm5q50@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (9h & 2m)

On 3 May 2014 10:13:25 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <k8a8m9tk5a9k7qd4ojg6m618vtjnke51eq@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

No it isn't. Tony claimed that changing the subjectes *creates* a new thread. I said it doesn't, you said Forte Agent *displays* it as a new thread, I called that non-standard, and substantiated how all other news clients does it.

I.e. you said that Agent does it differently than all other news clients, only you thought it was the "normal" way to do it at the time, presumably.

Eric Stevens
It's actually a preferred way.

Sandman
For you, perhaps. Obviously not for the vast majority of news readers and news clients, who thread discussions in compliance with the RFC.

Eric Stevens
Is it an option any of them even offer?

Sandman
To break out changed subjects as new thread? No, not that I know of anyway. The command line clients have a million options, so it's possible, but unlikely. None do it by default.

Eric Stevens
Not that YOU KNOW OF! So you don't know that they don't either.

Sandman
That's not a comeback. They don't do it any other way as far as YOU know either.

But I have no hesitation in admitting my ignorance while you pretend to have full knowledge.

Of the two of us, there is no doubt that I have the most experience with various news clients.

Might be so, but the evidence is that you have not delved very deeply into any. Hopefully you know more of at least one of them than you appear to do of Agent.

Unless you can SHOW that many news clients break out changed subjects as new thread, just shut up about it.

As long as you stop making derogatory remarks about those that *can*. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (9h & 2m)