Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllv8rb.be5.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsTony Cooper (1h & 18m) > Sandman

In article <i7sul9ll2bnthiqq5s3pkasoma3b777hkg@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
It seems as though there are as many ideas of what makes a thread as there are people. In the end I guess it depends upon how each person, personally, wants to file the articles they receive. I'm not going to ram any particular definition down anyone's throat.

android
So why does this interest you? Are you fishing for conflict? In love with the heat of battle are you?

You obviously don't care about the issue!

Eric Stevens
Where have you been?

I am responding to the loathsome Jonas Eklund (who hides his identity under the nom de plume of 'Sandman')

I'm "hiding" my identity... yet you know my full name? I must be pretty bad at hiding, then - huh?

"Sandman" is just a nickname, not means to hide my identity.

who insists that there is only one way to do it, and that the way I have configured Agent (my newsreader) is somehow non-standard and broken.

It certainly is non-standard, as I have provided AMPLE evidence of. That, to me, makes it broken. But "broken" is my opinion.

In spite of me asking him several times, the creature has never been able tocome up with a reference to any standard which justifies his claim.

"Creature"? Haha, getting burned alive, are we?

I've never claimed it is a part of any "standard", I am saying it is "the standard". There's a difference. I'm using it a noun that means "an idea or thing used as a measure, norm or model in comparative evaluations".

I've also pointed to the References header from one of the many standards (not the same noun) that governs usenet, its function and how it related to the sequencing of messages you talked about earlier.

The paragraph of mine to which you are responding should show you that I am the tolerant one.

Haha!

-- Sandman[.net]

Tony Cooper (1h & 18m) > Sandman