Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromTony Cooper
Date04/23/2014 21:16 (04/23/2014 15:16)
Message-ID<bh3gl9tr9haflr08fh4k0egp818gsggmfu@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (59m)

On 23 Apr 2014 18:38:59 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Tony Cooper
Most learners of a second language accept the input of native speakers and adjust their future usage.

Sandman
I invite a native speaker to come with input. Illiterare trolls on usenet? Not so much :)

I'm sorry, but "illitrare" is not in my dictionary. What does it mean in yours?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Illiterare?s=t

Tony Cooper
Some are even appreciative of the input.

Sandman
People like me, for instance.

Tony Cooper
You, however, defend your inappropriate usage and claim the native speaker is illiterate.

Sandman
If you don't want to be called an illiterare, learn to read and write.

I don't know if I mind being called an illiterare or not. I don't know what it is.

Sandman Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/14/2014 <slrnlkoaer.tho.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Prices weren't really good though, and they had a very small number of cameras on the shelves, so hard to browse around really. No one there had any knowledge or experience with the Sony A7 so I wasn't able to get good feedback, but since the prices weren't better than in Sweden, I suppose that's ok."

Which you even responded to, so if you had half a brain you should have been able to figure out just what price-related topic "it's a shame" might have been in relation to. And if not, you could have just asked.

Oh, so now you are claiming that your comment "...it's a shame" on 4/22 was in reference to something you said on 4/14?

Pull the other leg. It's got bells on it.

But then you aren't "claiming" that, are you? You're just throwing shit on the wall desperately hoping something will stick and cover up your lies.

Tony Cooper
If you are not responding to what's in that paragraph, what in the world would you be responding to?

Sandman
I did respond to what was in the paragraph. I just assumed that you had remembered why I was there so you'd know just what part I was in reference to, and if not - would just ask me to clarify.

Sure. Yeah, that's believable.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman (59m)