Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/25/2014 10:15 (04/25/2014 20:15)
Message-ID<s36kl95fjre579ldmplf5r5jjda4ia0j1a@4ax.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsSandman (1h & 46m) > Eric Stevens

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:31:32 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-25 05:40:47 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
In article <3b2jl9l77avnh7djqurqqmro92m2piv1nn@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Savageduck
<< Le Snip >>

Sandman
And you did it over and over again, in the face of people querying

Eric Stevens
your usage.

Sandman
No, I did it over and over again, without anyone querying my *usage*. Everyone thought I was in reference to B&H since well, that's what I was typing. No one was questioning my usage and not until I posted the address to a Best Buy Store did Savageduck realize I had had them mixed up the entire time.

Savageduck
Actually I knew you had it wrong, and posted a hint which you didn't recognize when this little exchange took place on April 16, 2014 when I found myself entering this thread for the first time:

Yep. One of many.

Sandman
On 2014-04-16 13:34:11 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Eric Stevens
In article <s69rk9dqeaov7ksrm8v5uo7cpkrpn5ln81@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman: From recommendation from Tony, I went to Colonial Photo and Hobby, just to check it out. Was a really small store with one half hobby and the other photo-related stuff. Pretty cramped, but really nice british salesman that I talked to.

Sandman
Eric Stevens: Here is their web site. It gives some idea of their size. http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/index.htm

Eric Stevens
Sandman: Uh, yeah? I was there, remember? It was a tiny store. Why is this a problem for you? Do you have some form of pride invested into the size of this store? Why? What's it to you?

Sandman
Size is a relative thing, especially if you judge by the size of B&H or similar.

Eric Stevens
Colonial was slightly bugger than B&H, but B&H was also very tiny.

Sandman
"bugger"???

"...B&H was also very tiny."???

None of that response makes any sense at all.

Savageduck
Now I know I didn't specifically spell it out then, but I thought you might have figured there was something wrong.

He should have, even if not in response to your post, but tto the half a dozen which followed from other people.

For the next three days you still did not recognize or acknowledge your error. It was only after you read my response to Eric on April 19, 2014 that you finally, to my relief understood what several of us had been trying to tell you.

That said, once you understood that there was a difference between B&H and probably all other camera stores in the USA there was no need to keep pounding away at this issue, and the time has come for Tony, Eric and you to close this endless debate.

It's only endless because popinjay will not acknowledge what happened. I can't help feeling where we are back to the point where a permanent kill fill entry is the answer. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (1h & 46m) > Eric Stevens