Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnlm21nb.hqu.mr@irc.sandman.net>
Followsandroid
Followupsandroid (8m) > Sandman

In article <bscc18Fgd43U7@mid.individual.net>, android wrote:

Tony Cooper
I commented on the use of the word "proper" and how it is used to mean "What I don't like". For example, "Get a proper newsreader" when the meaning is "Get one like mine because I don't like yours".

It's clear to me that Eric did not write the line in which "proper" was used. Eric does not use "i" for "I", does not use asterisks in place of letters, and does not use smileys.

android
Maybe not but I do: Slip on the key board. Think smileys can be helpful dealing with the humor impaired.

Agreed.

Further: I don't think that a web (Googs in this case) interface is NNTP client at all.

Well, it's a crappy one, for sure. But that being said, it is a client that use the NNTP protocol to exchange information with NNTP servers nonetheless. It's just that us that use proper news clients think it's crap

)

-- Sandman[.net]