Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/18/2014 20:22 (04/18/2014 14:22)
Message-ID<16q2l9tt5t60ssdvl2jks8bv4m9vorf0oq@4ax.com>
FollowsJ. Clarke

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:12:18 -0400, "J. Clarke" <jclarkeusenet@cox.net>wrote:

J. Clarke
In article <2014041720193654426-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com says...

Savageduck
On 2014-04-18 02:34:56 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
In article <h46uk9h708v9dmb4fe1iqega3tvr2763g0@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Eric Stevens
Here is Camera & Camera, my preferred store in Auckland. This what they sell: https://www.camera-camera.com/

And here is what they sell it in: http://tinyurl.com/ku9es8f

Physically they are not large but judging by what they do, they are quite a big store. At least they feel that way to me.

Sandman
I'm not sure what I should do with this information.

Eric Stevens
It might help you give a reference point when people use words like, large, small, tiny, microscopic etc.

Tony Cooper
I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store.

Sandman
The camera section isn't. You know, the section we're talking about. I didn't include the model train section in the size of the Colonial either, since it is of no interest to a camera store size discussion.

Tony Cooper
Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Savageduck
You can't possibly be serious, unless you were in Bob & Harry's photo store. You don't sound as if you actually visited B&H Photo Video.

J. Clarke
I had to go to Google Groups to read this discussion and make sure I knew what was being said because the pieces I was seeing made so little sense.

Tony, Sandman, there is a strip mall called "The Loop" in Kissimee. It does not appear to have anything associated with B&H Photo, however nearby there _is_ a BJ's Wholesale Club which seems to be a likely suspect.

While I've been to - and through - Kissimmee, it's not a town that I go to very often. It's on the opposite side of Orlando, and just not a place I have reason to go to. I would never notice a strip mall's name if I did go there.

Downtown Kissimmee is kind of interesting. Old buildings, old stores, and full of cowboy-type people. Kissimmee is near Deseret Ranch and cattle country. I don't know the current ranking, but Florida was, at one time, the #1 state in the union for cattle production. Just outside of Kissimmee on the east is an area where the Silver Spurs rodeo is held every year, and it's one of the top rodeo events in the country.

However, the City of Kissimmee has extended the city limits westward to include all the tourist hotels that surround Disney for tax income. The average tourist who stays in Kissimmee, or goes to a Kissimmee restaurant, is never in the part of Kissimmee that is interesting.

Walt Disney World is not in Orlando or Kissimmee. It's in Lake Buena Vista. Lake Buena Vista was created just for Disney and controlled by Disney. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL