Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

PeterN
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromPeterN
Date04/20/2014 01:38 (04/19/2014 19:38)
Message-ID<liv1dg01han@news4.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsEric Stevens (3h & 57m)

On 4/19/2014 6:41 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-19 20:41:49 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
In article <2014041807243678840-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
Strange! There is no mention of a branch of B&H outside of NYC on their web site.

Perhaps a local Orlando, FL. resident could provide some more information on this "very tiny" branch of B&H in Orlando. You say they are located at "The Loop" in Orlando. However, the loop doesn't seem to have B&H Photo Video listed as a tenant. < http://www.attheloop.com/kissimmee-orlando/store-directory.php >

Sandman
Right, it was across the street, not actually in the loop.

Savageduck
That is Best Buy, not B&H Photo Video. They are not the same. B&H only exists in NYC.

Sandman
Yeah, dumb error on my part, my mistake.

Savageduck
OK! Take a deep breath, slap the side of your head, grab one of your preferred beverages, sit down and relax.

...and one of these days consider a visit the B&H Photo Video in NYC, or at least their online presence. The closest retail equivalent, also only located in NYC is Adorama. You will note that B&H is owned and operated by an observant Orthodox Jewish family which hold to tradition. < http://www.bhphotovideo.com > < http://adorama.com >

Best Buy could only wish they had the photographic inventory and business of these two stores.

The owners are the direct descendants of Jews who were trained in optics by Ernst Leitz, in order to save their lives. There is a lot more to the story than the link shows.

<http://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/10/secondworldwar.germany>

-- PeterN

Eric Stevens (3h & 57m)