Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

PeterN
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromPeterN
Date04/18/2014 17:57 (04/18/2014 11:57)
Message-ID<liri1m019du@news6.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsTony Cooper (2h & 4m) > PeterN

On 4/17/2014 11:19 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-18 02:34:56 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
In article <h46uk9h708v9dmb4fe1iqega3tvr2763g0@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Eric Stevens
Here is Camera & Camera, my preferred store in Auckland. This what they sell: https://www.camera-camera.com/

And here is what they sell it in: http://tinyurl.com/ku9es8f

Physically they are not large but judging by what they do, they are quite a big store. At least they feel that way to me.

Sandman
I'm not sure what I should do with this information.

Eric Stevens
It might help you give a reference point when people use words like, large, small, tiny, microscopic etc.

Tony Cooper
I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store.

Sandman
The camera section isn't. You know, the section we're talking about. I didn't include the model train section in the size of the Colonial either, since it is of no interest to a camera store size discussion.

Tony Cooper
Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Savageduck
You can't possibly be serious, unless you were in Bob & Harry's photo store. You don't sound as if you actually visited B&H Photo Video.

IIRC B&H sends people to locations were they set up a small area. This could include camera stores that receive a percentage of the gross that B&H does from that location. it's win, win for both B&H and the local location. That B&H has such a deal with local camera stores, is pure speculation on my part. That B&H has travelling representatives, is not speculation.

-- PeterN

Tony Cooper (2h & 4m) > PeterN