Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/29/2014 11:18 (04/29/2014 21:18)
Message-ID<tqqul9tmv3qfb7k5ti4biibj1705shn47j@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (4h & 2m) > Eric Stevens

On 29 Apr 2014 05:48:10 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <a3ttl9hsvicda8d4efb2ids70vudgpcjr7@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Oh, and please answer my related post as well -

Tony Cooper
We are still waiting for substantiation - which you "always" provide - that Forte Agent is a broken newsreader that doesn't conform to the standards for a newsreader.

Sandman
What standards? I said non-standard, not "not conforming to standards for a newsreader". Why can't you read?

Do you _really_ think that that is an adequate answer? I have several times asked you to refer me to an RFC or similar which defines what is and what isn't a thread. Don't again point me to section 3.4.4 of RFC 3577 as it does nothing of the sort.

Here's a screenshot of Unison (that Savageduck is using):

<>

Note that the post is part of the thread. Here is a screenshot of Thunderbird, which probably is the most used usenet reader:

<>

Note that the post is part of the thread. Here is a screenshot of slrn, which I am using. It's also an old school and proven client that has been around for ages:

<>

Note that the post is part of the thread. Here is a screenshot of tin, also a widely used oldschool client that has been around for ages:

<>

Note that the post is part of the thread. Here is a screenshot of GOogle Groups, which is an even bigger POS than Agent, but actually show threads correctly:

<>

Note that the post is part of the thread. I would have liked to show you a screenshot from MT-NewsWatcher, my favorite news cliet, that unfortunately isn't supported any longer and doesn't work on the latest version of OSX, but needlesstosay, it displays threads as they should be displayed, like in all the examples above.

See - plenty of substantiation. That's how it's done.

You are a clown if you think that this is a matter which can be determined by a vote of newsreaders of your selection. But here is how Agent handles it when configured as I prefer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31088803/Agent%20Thread.jpg

I hope working out how it handles the threading is not beyond you. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens