Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnlleim2.es3.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsSandman (38m)
Eric Stevens (4h & 28m) > Sandman

In article <m91el99farmlp1a0idlgtfhgsim9l0jedn@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
But you DID think "Best Buy was a nationally known camera store (B&H)."

Sandman
No, I did not. That's an incorrect statement. I was talking about Best Buy the entire time, but I accidentally typed "B&H" for whatever reason I can't explain myself.

Eric Stevens
You started off by reading my use of B&H as referring to a store 'in the Loop'

What do you mean by your use?

and you went on to several times type B&H when you had Best Buy in mind. It wasn't just a one-time slip.

Correct.

It took several prods from others for you to wake up and acknowledge your error.

No, just one, this one:

Savageduck Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/19/2014 <2014041815195625550-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"We have already established that Jonas has mixed up and misidentified a Florida Best Buy as B&H Photo Video of NYC. B&H has no presence in any State other than NY. Its global online reach negates that necessity."

That was the post that made me see my error. This is my response:

Sandman Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/19/2014 <slrnll5o04.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Wow, my bad. You know, I didn't even stop to think about it. I have been talking about Best Buy, yes. Sorry about the confusion."

What surprised me about this more than anything else was that you seemed unaware of B&H.

Why does that surprise you? As it is an American store that exists only in NY, I have no relation to it. I obviously seen its name before, and mistakenly did some form of weird connection between it and B&H, like a foreigner that connects the swedish store chains IKEA and ICA.

Sandman
It was just a normal mistake, a normal mindburp which I didn't think about for one second. At no point in time did I think "Best Buy was a nationally known camera store". At no point did I think "B&H" was in Florida, at no point did I think I had visited "B&H", I just mistyped.

Eric Stevens
Yeah: you both mistrped and misread over and over again.

I didn't misread once, and mistyped five times. Or rather, I didn't "mistype" as in misspelled. I just didn't stop to think that perhaps "B&H" isn't an abbreviation of "Best Buy", since it's not the correct letters, and contains an "&". I just typed without thinking, and I have no problem admitting to my error.

Sandman
Tony, being a certified troll and asshole, took the chance to make a HUGE deal out of this (where normal adults like Savageduck only went "Oh, just a mistake, gotcha") ...

Eric Stevens
... and I gently prodded you at least twice ...

How? All I remember is you asking me if I've been to NY, which told me nothing about the matter, given the fact that I had no idea B&H was NY-only.

Had you said "Eh, Sandman, B&H exists only in NY, are you really writing this correctly", then you would have "prodded" and helped me find my error.

Many people would consider that to be a deliberate lie. Certainly I do.

So where is Tony's lie?

Sandman
"when you thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store."

I do too, you should tell that to Tony.

Have you told him yet? No, of course not.

No reply? How predictable.

-- Sandman[.net]

Sandman (38m)
Eric Stevens (4h & 28m) > Sandman