Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/18/2014 13:42 (04/18/2014 07:42)
Message-ID<9n32l9pj75plp3df0s2poq431i6oouhtaj@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (1d, 8h & 56m) > Tony Cooper
Sandman (2d, 12h & 39m) > Tony Cooper

On 18 Apr 2014 11:07:32 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <2014041719593639934-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

Eric Stevens
Size is a relative thing, especially if you judge by the size of B&H or similar.

Sandman
Colonial was slightly bugger than B&H, but B&H was also very tiny.

Savageduck
"bugger"???

Sandman
Bigger.

Savageduck
OK! A typo.

"...B&H was also very tiny."???

None of that response makes any sense at all.

Sandman
Why not?

Savageduck
"...B&H was also very tiny."?? Those are your words aren't they? If you consider B&H "very tiny" what exactly do you consider a large store?

Sandman
B&H's camera section was tiny. I wasn't talking about the entire store, just as I didn't include the size of the entire Colonial store either, since it's some 70% hobby things like model airplanes and such.

A blatant lie.

Savageduck
B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen.

Sandman
I am fully aware of the size of B&H. I was at on in the Florida Loop.

At on in?

It

wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store. MediaMarkt in Europe is bigger though, at least that the one in the Loop. BUt, I was only in reference to their tiny camera section, which had some 5-6 SLR bodies, some 10+ P&S and some other assorted cameras.

The camera section in our local MediaMarkt is about five times as big as B&H's camera section, with probably 30+ SLR bodies on display and too many P&S to count. It has huge Nikon, Sony and Canon stalls with tons of cameras, lenses and accessories.

Yes, you have a camera store that carries more cameras than a Best Buy. Who would have guessed?

But, can you buy beach towels, diapers, sun screen, extension cords, and garden implements in your camera store?

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL