Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

android
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Fromandroid
Date05/01/2014 09:25 (05/01/2014 09:25)
Message-ID<bseb7lFu7guU1@mid.individual.net>
FollowupsSandman (19m) > android

In article <slrnlm3rpo.lku.mr@irc.sandman.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <bscfhfFgd43U9@mid.individual.net>, android wrote:

android
Further: I don't think that a web (Googs in this case) interface is NNTP client at all.

Sandman
Well, it's a crappy one, for sure. But that being said, it is a client that use the NNTP protocol to exchange information with NNTP servers nonetheless. It's just that us that use proper news clients think it's crap :)

android
You're totally WRONG of course. Apologize to humanity! Really, the Goog gives your web client access to their usenet client...

Sandman
Well, I can't say I know just how the NNTP part of Google Groups works, to be sure. Maybe you have more information about that than me. I'm just saying there IS an NNTP part :)

I said that the web interface on Goog Groups is not an Usenet client. It's not. It's interfacing a Goog server that has a Usenet client aboard that communicates with Googs NNTP server. Therefore when a user are reading or posting through Goog Groups they are not using a Usenet client at all but a web client that accesses a Usenet client. You are a web designer and should know this... -- teleportation kills http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography