Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

nospam
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
Fromnospam
Date04/15/2014 04:42 (04/14/2014 22:42)
Message-ID<140420142242069183%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (1h & 25m) > nospam

In article <nc5pk9hk65oc4shf8q0aemltd30nsfo212@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
Again, I don't know what you are used to. At Best Buy, they have a lot of cameras on open shelves with security cables.

nospam
often without batteries (or dead ones) and possibly without a lens. it's a crapshoot there.

Tony Cooper
I haven't paid close attention, but I don't recall ever seeing a dslr on the counter at Best Buy without a lens.

i have on numerous occasions. not always, but often enough to where it can be a problem.

i played with a d7000 for about 10-15 minutes without a lens. it wasn't a big deal since i could check out the various menus and how it felt in the hand.

Your Best Buy may be differently managed. I don't project what the Best Buy is like in my area to all areas. You are free to, though.

having seen this occur in more than just one best buy as well as compusa when they were around, it's safe to say it is not a rare occurrence.

I think, based on a comment by you some time ago, I did check a Best Buy and found one of 24 that wouldn't turn on and reported that information here. I wouldn't call that "often".

you think wrong.

If I was in the market for a new camera, especially a point & shoot, I would go to Best Buy first. Not to buy, but to handle each model. Some cameras just don't feel right in my hand or have controls that are difficult to navigate.

I would rather do this at Best Buy than at a camera store. First, I can pick up any camera without having the sales person bring it out. Second, I don't take up the time of a salesman who I don't intend to buy from.

i don't go out of my way to go to a best buy, but sometimes i stop there to try out various products. as you say, it can be done without bothering salespeople (although they keep asking if you need assistance).

Tony Cooper (1h & 25m) > nospam