Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

nospam
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
Fromnospam
Date04/15/2014 16:50 (04/15/2014 10:50)
Message-ID<150420141050070001%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsEric Stevens (6h & 16m)
Tony Cooper (7h)
nospam (1d, 4h & 4m)

In article <655qk9pcrvmt7ct2vp6f0dbnk38rbcj5c7@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
I think, based on a comment by you some time ago, I did check a Best Buy and found one of 24 that wouldn't turn on and reported that information here. I wouldn't call that "often".

nospam
you think wrong.

Tony Cooper
Well, you consider 4-point-something percent of the display models to be without a battery to be enough to be "often", so that shows your aptitude in assessing a problem. It does cast doubt on your use of "numerous", though.

nospam
where did you come up with 4.something% ? oh yea, your ass.

Tony Cooper
24 cameras on display, 1 non-working (presumably w/o battery) >4.something percent non-working. An even 4% would be less than one unit.

there were way more than 24 cameras on display at the best buys i've been at and i didn't check every single camera to see if every single one was functional, therefore any numbers you pull from your ass are going to be incorrect (not that there was any doubt).

there were probably 4-5 slrs (don't remember) and i only looked at slrs and of those, just nikon and canon. i don't know (nor care) how many of the compacts were functional but based on my experience, there were likely to be several that had one problem or another.

i'd estimate that in somewhere around half the visits, there is at least one problem camera on display, either visually, such as missing a lens or otherwise obviously broken, or something wrong in actual testing, such as with a dead battery or otherwise non-functional.

so it's not 4%.

Eric Stevens (6h & 16m)
Tony Cooper (7h)
nospam (1d, 4h & 4m)