Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllue2l.b2u.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (3h & 39m) > Sandman

In article <v1ltl9h6262d7tr7udp2k1n98rbpdtglvn@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
Is 'breaking the thread' a new concept to you?

Sandman
Yep! I don't know how one "breaks" a thread.

No elaboration in this? How does one break a thread? It's an interesting claim from you, Eric. Because in one instance, changing the subject meant I "created a new thread" and in another instance where I did the exact same thing, I "broke the thread". What's the difference, according to you?

Eric Stevens
With the way I have Agent configured (did you actually look at that URL?), it recognised that the subject had changed and set it up as a new thread. You will be pleased to know that it maintained the current (truncated) list of references.

Sandman
I'm not asking how Agent *displays* it, I am asking you if adding one question mark to the subject line "creates a new thread" according to YOU. One small character, full references and "sequence" or articles it follows and the exact same subject (i.e. meaning) but with one added character.

Is that a new thread to you?

Eric Stevens
Do you need help parsing "it recognised that the subject had changed and set it up as a new thread"? Do you need help coming to the conclusion that that is a result of my preferred way I configured Agent (Have you looked at the URL yet? You haven't said).

I don't care about your POS news client. USENET definitions and terminology isn't centered around Forte Agent, Eric. I am asking YOU about YOUR definition, not how Agent handles it. I couldn't care less about Agent.

Sandman
Oh, and please answer my related post as well - where I responded to a post of yours, removed your text and the References header and KEPT the subject line as-is. According to you, that should NOT be a new thread, since it retains the exact same subject line - which according to you is the only metric to determine whether a new thread has been created or not. So the question is - if it's part of an old thread, which post is it in response to?

Eric Stevens
I might give you an answer to that if you can identify the article.

Here: <slrnllrqps.6ls.mr@irc.sandman.net>

Is that a new thread or part of an old thread? Remember, according to you, a new thread is only created when one changes the subject, right? But there you have a post that has the SAME subject, but no References header. So this is me testing your definitions, hoping to make you see the thin ice upon which it is based.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (3h & 39m) > Sandman