Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnlll0ga.qg3.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (38m) > Sandman

In article <3pskl996qdpquhorb67061vk7be9a0pt9e@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
Not at all. You have a real problem using words correctly. The fact that I sometimes mistakes one word for another, and when corrected, admit to it - is not the same as when you use the wrong word and then refuse to admit it and argues for weeks that the English language bends to your current will.

Tony Cooper
Has there ever been an incidence

Did you mean "incident"? Incidence is usually used in technical contexts, where it refers to the occurrence, rate or frequency of a crime, disease or something undesirable. You'd use it in a phrase as "Fewer police officers is likely to cause increased incidence of crime".

where you have acknowledged or admitted that you used the wrong word based on one of my many corrections? If so, I don't recall it.

Sandman 04/25/2014 <slrnllksdj.qg3.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Yes, I wrote the wrong word, sorry about that."

I don't expect you to admit to error because I know your ego will not allow that.

I've admitted to all my errors. At least the ones that have been brought to my attention.

It's true that you have made many spelling and grammar flames, when I have used the wrong word, but that's just because you can't actually argue the points so I've ignored most of them and kept on topic.

However, the sensible course to take when an error is pointed out is to quietly absorb the information for future use and not to argue a lost cause.

Like you did when it was pointed out that Lightroom, contrary to your claim, doesn't accept PS plugins?

What you call "bends to my...will" is simply applying years of use of the language, applying an understanding of the meaning of words, and applying both education and experience in idiomatic English usage.

Haha, keep telling yourself that, mr "a requirement is what you want to do". :-D

-- Sandman[.net]