Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromEric Stevens
Date04/20/2014 00:43 (04/20/2014 10:43)
Message-ID<vqu5l9t1vpvlteva4c4v40ufhq21av1bda@4ax.com>

On 19 Apr 2014 15:40:46 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <5t7rk91srmok1hqu7aj9s91au5u4ft2b43@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Tony Cooper
This shows a bit more: http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/layout.htm The total number of square feet in the store is 15,000. At any given time, there are four or five knowledgeable sales assistants behind the counter, and Don Rausch (the owner) routinely walks through the shelf area and asks people if they need assistance.

Actually, I am sorry that Jonas was not pleased with the store. I do try to provide information about this city, and specialty information if requested, to any visitors. I rather suspected that nothing I recommended would be favorably commented on here, though.

Eric Stevens
My reaction was that Jonathon might not have been particularly generous in his assessment, he was at least making an honest comment.

Sandman
Who is "Jonathon"?

Oops!

Jonas.

Tony Cooper
I was certainly not surprised to not to see a "Thanks for the information" about the information about the store and the directions. Someone with a bit more class would have done so.

Eric Stevens
I think that's a cultural thing. US citizens offer thanks and receive a 'you're welcome' more than most people. I wouldn't regard Jonathon as having gone out of his way to be rude.

Sandman
American society has been influenced by the tipping culture - where politeness is the only way you can make above avergae income for lots of people. Not saying that Americans would be rude otherwise, but I sure think it factors in.

Eric Stevens
I suspect you have been hypersensitised to Jonathon (as was I) but hopefully with a little effort all will gradually lose their personal sensitivity.

Sandman
Who is "Jonathan"?

Aah! 'Who is Sylvia? Who is she?'

Scans better than 'Jonathon'. Scans better than 'Jonas' does too. ' --

Regards,

Eric Stevens