Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/23/2014 02:21 (04/23/2014 12:21)
Message-ID<m91el99farmlp1a0idlgtfhgsim9l0jedn@4ax.com>
FollowupsTony Cooper (1h & 23m)
Sandman (4h & 43m) > Eric Stevens

On 22 Apr 2014 22:20:09 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <vmpdl9hskqhl02636pp0l320d3vf8ausfd@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Tony Cooper
You are about as observant in this as you were in "the loop" when you thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store.

Sandman
A blatant lie.

Tony Cooper
Well, you did state that in several posts.

Sandman
Another blatant lie. I never stated in one single post that I thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store. Stop repeating this lie.

Eric Stevens
A very carefully worded misrepresentation of the truth.

Sandman
Indeed - and it's Tony's carefully worded misrepresentation of the truth, still quoted above. And it's a lie.

Eric Stevens
But you DID think "Best Buy was a nationally known camera store (B&H)."

Sandman
No, I did not. That's an incorrect statement. I was talking about Best Buy the entire time, but I accidentally typed "B&H" for whatever reason I can't explain myself.

You started off by reading my use of B&H as referring to a store 'in the Loop' and you went on to several times type B&H when you had Best Buy in mind. It wasn't just a one-time slip. It took several prods from others for you to wake up and acknowledge your error.

What surprised me about this more than anything else was that you seemed unaware of B&H.

It was just a normal mistake, a normal mindburp which I didn't think about for one second. At no point in time did I think "Best Buy was a nationally known camera store". At no point did I think "B&H" was in Florida, at no point did I think I had visited "B&H", I just mistyped.

Yeah: you both mistrped and misread over and over again.

Tony, being a certified troll and asshole, took the chance to make a HUGE deal out of this (where normal adults like Savageduck only went "Oh, just a mistake, gotcha") ...

... and I gently prodded you at least twice ...

... and here you have him making claims about what I think when nothing could be further from the truth.

Eric Stevens
And you DID state that in several posts.

Sandman
No, I didn't state in ANY post that I thought "Best Buy is a nationally known camera store", I *did* however, make the rather weird mistake of abbrivating "Best Buy" to "B&H" which in hindsight was really weird, but that's the truth.

Eric Stevens
Many people would consider that to be a deliberate lie. Certainly I do.

So where is Tony's lie?

Sandman
"when you thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store."

I do too, you should tell that to Tony.

Have you told him yet? No, of course not.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Tony Cooper (1h & 23m)