Will Tony apologize? (was: ...

Sandman
SubjectWill Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnll8p8n.sun.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (4h) > Sandman
Eric Stevens (9h & 55m) > Sandman

In article <9n32l9pj75plp3df0s2poq431i6oouhtaj@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
B&H's camera section was tiny. I wasn't talking about the entire store, just as I didn't include the size of the entire Colonial store either, since it's some 70% hobby things like model airplanes and such.

Tony Cooper
A blatant lie.

Here Tony called me a liar, something I take pretty seriously. Well, not the claim itself, when it comes from trolls like Tony, but lying and honesty, which I think is important. Anyone that have read my posts know that whem I make a claim I am *always* happy to support the claim or admit to it being in error. This is the case in 100% of all my claims, ever.

I don't lie, period.

I do, however, make claims that are estimates, guesses or generalizations, so sometimes when someone challenges a claim I've made, I have to go and make some fact checks and then either support or retract my claim as per above. Always.

Here Tony is calling me a liar when I said that the camera section made up 30% of the Colonial Photo & Hobby store. He is in other words saying that I am fully aware of it NOT being 30% (i.e. presumably Tony here is claiming it is considerably larger than 30%) but that I am willfully claiming something untrue.

So, obviously I went back to their web page and copied the store layout:

<http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/layout.htm>

And opened it in Photoshop and colored in the section in question, which was the camera section (labeled Photography department), excluding the Framing and Film Processing parts of the store, since I didn't regard them as part of the "camera section" which is what I was in reference to above. Here is the result:

<>

As you can plainly see, I was mistaken - the part of the store devoted to the camera section is roughly half the size I estimated, which means it's even smaller than I thought. So I was wrong, but not in a way that benefitted Tony's opinion on the matter.

So, what was his reply? Was it like an adult, who would go "Oh, sorry, you weren't lying, and yeah, it's smaller than I thought!"?

No, this was his reply:

Tony Cooper Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/20/2014 <pc66l9larjcl112f5rrs16acc702ukargp@4ax.com>

"That's not a scale drawing."

Wow! I mean, does he REALLY think that the drawing is so grossly out of scale that this 16% area would grow to larger than 30% if it was to scale? Of course he doesn't. He had just been proven completely wrong and he isn't man enough to actually admit to an error, and apologize for calling someone else a liar incorrectly.

That's Tony, folks.

-- Sandman[.net]