Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/15/2014 13:21 (04/15/2014 07:21)
Message-ID<9c5qk9hkoc1ml3tmnqm16ae3ml8eka8hdk@4ax.com>
FollowsWhisky-dave
FollowupsWhisky-dave (1h & 11m) > Tony Cooper

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 02:20:46 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

Whisky-dave
On Monday, 14 April 2014 19:30:42 UTC+1, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
From recommendation from Tony, I went to Colonial Photo and Hobby, just to check it out. Was a really small store with one half hobby and the other photo-related stuff. Pretty cramped, but really nice british salesman that I talked to.

Whisky-dave
Should I ask what you mean by british.... Most people use that term if they can't tell whether a person is scotish, irish, welsh or english. In fact I know one Swedish girl that's been called English after living in birmingham for 3 years, she spoke with a brummy accent, poor girl.

Frank is from the UK. That's British with a capital B. I forget what city he's from, but I do know him from the store, from swap meets, and he's been a guest presenter at a camera club I belong to.

Sandman
Prices weren't really good though,

Whisky-dave
If you'd been in the UK you would have been able to get the VAT (20%)back that's usually included in the shown store price but you'd have to let them know that it's for export.

He would have paid 6.5% sales tax on the camera here. Non-refundable to tourists. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL