Re: Post processing

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Post processing
FromSavageduck
Date05/01/2014 19:08 (05/01/2014 10:08)
Message-ID<2014050110083425129-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsPeterN (3h & 40m)

On 2014-05-01 16:50:47 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
On 5/1/2014 12:13 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-05-01 15:25:16 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
On 4/30/2014 2:39 PM, android wrote:

android
In article <ljrf8r0jp7@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 4/30/2014 1:35 AM, android wrote:

android
In article <ljp6l602rt3@news3.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 4/29/2014 4:18 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-29 19:28:39 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
<snip>

I am simply putting an individuals way of working, and philosophy out there.

Savageduck
So, are you dumping your D800 for a Betterlight back and a Hassy?

PeterN
There are physical and fiscal reasons why I have no such plans. Although I enjoy landscape, I don't think I am good enough that a 4x5 could improve my images.

android
Are you into TS?

PeterN
???

android
Tilt/Shift lenses have been available for SLRs since the 70's, I think. They give you the opportunity to make many of adjustments that used to be exclusive to view cameras... Nikon makes a few, but I believe that Canons 35mm TS was the first, for 35mm film.

PeterN
OK. the reason I got the D800 was for W/A. I would have to give a lot of thought to the purchase. I really like the look of a W/A. Though the widest I have is a 16-35. Unless I go to a POS Sigma, I can't find one that accepts filters. (I also do long exposures and IR.)

Savageduck
I tried to convince you of the excellence of the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. It does a pretty good job on my D300S. < https://db.tt/fNZDzlbI >

PeterN
Isn't that t DX lens?

Yes. However, both of us have a D300, and you said that you got your D800 for W/A, and the Tokina does a pretty good job on an APS-C Nikon. It handles 77mm filters.

So far the only 14mm lens that accepts a gelatin filter is the Nikkor 14mm f2.8. But, I only want at least a 5 stop nd gel.

So you can shoot through it at ISO 12800 in bad light and claim that you really wanted the noise? ;-)

-- Regards,

Savageduck

PeterN (3h & 40m)