Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date05/02/2014 02:57 (05/02/2014 12:57)
Message-ID<noq5m9pab92dce7panai0hnjlerif55umk@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (6h & 2m)

On 30 Apr 2014 11:23:32 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <pai1m9h14ab8rh86l4b8r0vakif1beu1jl@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>

Eric Stevens
You didn't look through this lot very thoroughly.

Sandman
Of course I did.

Eric Stevens
If you do you will find each news reader has a different idea of when you changed the subject line.

Sandman
Nope.

Eric Stevens
Thunderbird After Sandman's article of 2014-4-20

Sandman
Not "after". I correctly displays that when I posted a followup to the thread at 2014-04-21 02:21, I changed the subject of the post, while displaying it at its correct place in the thread.

OK, I misread it.

Eric Stevens
Unison After Sandman's article of 2014-4-20

Sandman
Same here. 2014-04-21.

I misread that too.

Eric Stevens
slrn After Tony Cooper's article of ??

Sandman
Same here, only slrn doesn't display dates. And the post highlighted is the same exact post of mine as in the other screenshots.

It doesn't even seem to suggest there is a subthread.

Eric Stevens
tin After Tony Cooper's article of ??

Sandman
Same here.

Tin is showing it's age.

Eric Stevens
pan After Tony Cooper's article of Apr 18 (2014)

Sandman
Incorrect. Pan correctly shows that I changed the subject at "Apr 21 2:21 AM", not Apr 18.

Yet another misreading.

Eric Stevens
Knews After Tony Cooper's article of ??

Sandman
You know what, knews' display is a bit messy, but its thread view isn't very clear. I've uploaded a new screenshot that clearly displays how the post from me at 2014-04-21 is displayed correctly inline in the thread:

That seems to do exactly as Agent does except that it hasn't started a new thread with a change of subject.

<>

Eric Stevens
mtnewswatcher After Tony Cooper's article of 4/18/14

Sandman
The highlighted thread is mine, and the date is 4/21/2014.

Eric Stevens
Google Groups After Sandman's article of ??

Sandman
My article on Apr 21, it is displayed nicely to the right.

You seem to be confused by the *ordering* of articles. This is a *threaded* view, with indentation. If a post is under and indented one step, it is in reply to that post. You are in reference to the preceeding article in the list, which is NOT a chronological view at all.

Nope, there is no misunderstanding. I made a simple mistake which, once made, I applied to every one where appropriate.

Question: Do any of these news readers have the ability to show a change of subject as a change of thread?

Eric Stevens
Even allowing for the clipping of your screenshots there doesn't appear to much concensus in this lot.

Sandman
There is 100% consensus.

Eric Stevens
Is this the kind of agreement upon which you decide what is standard?

Sandman
It is indeed.

So you are arguing that any change or improvement is wrong? --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (6h & 2m)