Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnlm4miv.on0.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (29m) > Sandman

In article <prj4m9d16ae2gioj7gqp2t3uiovmmi0q5f@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Eric Stevens
... and it is that to which you responded. Notice my use of the word 'implied'.

Sandman
"imply" is somthing *I* do, "infer" is something *YOU* do. I didn't imply any such thing. Do you know how I know? Because I made the claim. You inferred it, and then claim I failed to substantiate something you only inferred.

Tony Cooper
Here we go again. Popinjay seems to think that he cannot imply something unless he intended to imply it.

imply verb (implies, implying, implied) [ with obj. ] indicate the truth or existence of (something) by suggestion rather than explicit reference

You're welcome.

-- Sandman[.net]