Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/25/2014 06:01 (04/25/2014 16:01)
Message-ID<9qkjl95nn53r3sm81u1te6uvmavjf0kv3a@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (1h & 46m) > Eric Stevens

On 24 Apr 2014 12:08:23 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Eric Stevens
This is not at all like your mistake about B&H where you ploughed ahead resisting all attempts to suggest you were off the rails somewhere.

Sandman
Oh come one now, Eric. We've been through this already. There were no such attempts. There was a lot of *confusion* because you thought I actually meant B&H which is a NY-store, so you asked me if I had been to NY (in direct response to me saying it was in Florida).

At no time did you ever respond to me with any information that would lead me to see that I made a mistake.

In my case, it took a while for anyone to prompt me because you got all confused by my mistyping, which is understandable.

Eric Stevens
But you persisted with your error, which is the important point.

Sandman
I did not. The *exact* moment it was brought to my attention that I had made an error did I correct it.

I *made* the error many times, but I didn't "persist" with for a single second. There's a huge difference.

-- Sandman[.net]

Here is a long list of articles through which you persisted with the error. The articles suggest that yor failure to recognise your error arose from your usual determination to not recognise the possibility of error on your part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <2014041607181084984-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:18:10 -0700

Colonial was slightly bugger than B&H, but B&H was also very tiny.

"bugger"???

"...B&H was also very tiny."???

None of that response makes any sense at all.

Savageduck

[First warning that not all was well]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:01:18 -0400 Message-ID: <h46uk9h708v9dmb4fe1iqega3tvr2763g0@4ax.com>

It might help you give a reference point when people use words like, large, small, tiny, microscopic etc.

I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store. Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

[Second warning that, no matter what Jonas thought he was talking about, it could not have been the B&H store]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 18 Apr 2014 02:28:47 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll13jh.c2d.mr@irc.sandman.net>

Eric Stevens
Sandman: Uh, yeah? I was there, remember? It was a tiny store. Why is this a problem for you? Do you have some form of pride invested into the size of this store? Why? What's it to you?

Sandman
Eric Stevens: Size is a relative thing, especially if you judge by the size of B&H or similar.

Eric Stevens
Sandman: Colonial was slightly bugger than B&H, but B&H was also very tiny.

Sandman
"bugger"???

Bigger.

"...B&H was also very tiny."???

None of that response makes any sense at all.

Why not?

-- Sandman[.net]

[Third warning - too many people thinking there is something wrong with what Jonas has written]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <2014041720193654426-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:19:36 -0700

I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

You can't possibly be serious, unless you were in Bob & Harry's photo store. You don't sound as if you actually visited B&H Photo Video.

Savageduck

[Fourth warning] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colonial was slightly bugger than B&H, but B&H was also very tiny.

Eric Stevens
"bugger"???

Sandman
Bigger.

OK! A typo.

Eric Stevens
"...B&H was also very tiny."???

None of that response makes any sense at all.

Sandman
Why not?

"...B&H was also very tiny."?? Those are your words aren't they? If you consider B&H "very tiny" what exactly do you consider a large store?

B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen. < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/NYSuperStore08.jsp >

Savageduck

[Fifth warning - an almost explicit warning. Jonas should have been able to see that no matter where he thought it had been, it wasn't B&H]

[Sixth strong warning. Alarm bells should have been ringing] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:01:50 -0400 Message-ID: <170420142301502021%nospam@nospam.invalid>

Eric Stevens
Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

have you ever ben to b&h in new york? it's huge.

nospam

[Seventh warning]

Date: 18 Apr 2014 11:07:32 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll2206.dge.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"...B&H was also very tiny."?? Those are your words aren't they? If you consider B&H "very tiny" what exactly do you consider a large store?

B&H's camera section was tiny. I wasn't talking about the entire store, just as I didn't include the size of the entire Colonial store either, since it's some 70% hobby things like model airplanes and such.

B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen.

I am fully aware of the size of B&H. I was at on in the Florida Loop. It wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store. MediaMarkt in Europe is bigger though, at least that the one in the Loop. BUt, I was only in reference to their tiny camera section, which had some 5-6 SLR bodies, some 10+ P&S and some other assorted cameras.

The camera section in our local MediaMarkt is about five times as big as B&H's camera section, with probably 30+ SLR bodies on display and too many P&S to count. It has huge Nikon, Sony and Canon stalls with tons of cameras, lenses and accessories.

Sandman[.net]

[Insistence that he was "at on in the Florida Loop". Penny hasn't dropped yet]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Date: 18 Apr 2014 02:34:56 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll13v1.c2d.mr@irc.sandman.net>

I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store.

The camera section isn't. You know, the section we're talking about. I didn't include the model train section in the size of the Colonial either, since it is of no interest to a camera store size discussion.

Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Sandman[.net]

[Still confused]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <2014041815195625550-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:19:56 -0700

B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen.

Eric Stevens
I am fully aware of the size of B&H. I was at on in the Florida Loop. It wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store.

Sandman
Are you talking about the B&H in New York?

We have already established that Jonas has mixed up and misidentified a Florida Best Buy as B&H Photo Video of NYC. B&H has no presence in any State other than NY. Its global online reach negates that necessity.

Now we just have to see if Jonas acknowledges his error.

Savageduck

[Clear statement of the nature of the error]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:12:18 -0400 Message-ID: <MPG.2dba772aec98ec398a62d@news.newsguy.com>

Tony, Sandman, there is a strip mall called "The Loop" in Kissimee. It does not appear to have anything associated with B&H Photo, however nearby there _is_ a BJ's Wholesale Club which seems to be a likely suspect.

Sandman, B&H is in New York, it is not a chain or franchise, it does not have outlets in strip malls. It does not have a "camera section". Photo equipment and supplies are _all_ that B&H has on display in their store except for a small display of A/V and recording equipment.

J Clarke

[Identification of the source of Jonas's error] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 18 Apr 2014 11:22:54 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll22t1.dge.mr@irc.sandman.net>

Eric Stevens
Sandman: I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Sandman
You can't possibly be serious, unless you were in Bob & Harry's photo store. You don't sound as if you actually visited B&H Photo Video.

Huh? Are you saying that the Best Buy at 1620 W Osceola Pkwy has a much larger camera section than I am claiming it does? Why on earth would I lie about that? IN fact, have I ever lied at any point? (Hint: no).

The camera section in this Best Buy was small, they had very few SLR bodies around, and a very small selection of P&S cameras as well.

-- Sandman[.net]

[Now Jonas has switched to Best Buy] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:47:30 -0400 Message-ID: <2v32l995h6p4cm9k5tvtvcmj73c7vgtfbb@4ax.com>

I don't think you lied. I think you just made a mistake in writing B&H instead of Best Buy, but I have no idea why you think a Best Buy's camera inventory is something to report on or to compare with Colonial Photo's inventory.

Your next mistake will be to not just admit you erred in several posts and didn't catch your error despite clear indications in responses that B&H is a NYC store.

Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <2014041807431394298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:43:13 -0700

Huh? Are you saying that the Best Buy at 1620 W Osceola Pkwy has a much larger camera section than I am claiming it does? Why on earth would I lie about that? IN fact, have I ever lied at any point? (Hint: no).

You understand that up until this morning you have been talking about B&H, not Best Buy? Read your original statement and all your subsequent remarks until this AM.

On 16 Apr 2014, in message <slrnlkt1r0.743.mr@irc.sandman.net>you stated: "Colonial was slightly bugger than B&H, but B&H was also very tiny."

It might have a "B" in its name, but Best Buy is no B&H.

The camera section in this Best Buy was small, they had very few SLR bodies around, and a very small selection of P&S cameras as well.

Savageduck

[Here is where Jonas changes gear]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 19 Apr 2014 20:39:05 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll5nrv.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

Why would anyone ever guess anything related to this. All I said is that I thought BH had a tiny camera section. I have no idea why this is a problem for you. I'm sure there are B&H's that have larger camera sections as well. In what way does this affect you in ANY capacity?

But, can you buy beach towels, diapers, sun screen, extension cords, and garden implements in your camera store?

MediaMarkt isn't a camera store. Neither is B&H, so I'm not sure what camera store you're comparing with here.

I didn't see any of the above at the B&H at the loop either, except for extension cords. As a store, it was very comparable to MediaMarkt, with a home video section, gaming section, computer section, camera section, audio/video section and so on.

-- Sandman[.net]

[Here we are: back to calling Best Buy B&H.] ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:53:54 -0400 Message-ID: <pc66l9larjcl112f5rrs16acc702ukargp@4ax.com>

Why would anyone ever guess anything related to this. All I said is that I thought BH had a tiny camera section. I have no idea why this is a problem for you. I'm sure there are B&H's that have larger camera sections as well.

There is only one B&H, and it is in New York City.

In what way does this affect you in ANY capacity?

Eric Stevens
But, can you buy beach towels, diapers, sun screen, extension cords, and garden implements in your camera store?

Sandman
MediaMarkt isn't a camera store. Neither is B&H, so I'm not sure what camera store you're comparing with here.

I didn't see any of the above at the B&H at the loop either,

Nor did you see a B&H in Kissimmee.

- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

[Yet another warning!]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <a7v5l9ldrvqkll4s7pmgt9kf00orrfl1br@4ax.com> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:48:37 +1200

On 19 Apr 2014 20:39:05 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Why would anyone ever guess anything related to this. All I said is that I thought BH had a tiny camera section. I have no idea why this is a problem for you. I'm sure there are B&H's that have larger camera sections as well. In what way does this affect you in ANY capacity?

There is only the one B&H and that is in New York. You have already told us you have never been there. --

Eric Stevens [Explicit statement] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Date: 19 Apr 2014 20:41:18 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll5o04.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

We have already established that Jonas has mixed up and misidentified a Florida Best Buy as B&H Photo Video of NYC. B&H has no presence in any State other than NY. Its global online reach negates that necessity.

Now we just have to see if Jonas acknowledges his error.

Wow, my bad. You know, I didn't even stop to think about it. I have been talking about Best Buy, yes. Sorry about the confusion.

Sandman[.net]

[Finally, the penny drops]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 19 Apr 2014 20:53:52 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll5onm.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

You wrote about visiting a B&H in "the loop", not a Best Buy.

Yes, I mistyped and didn't realize my error.

-- Sandman[.net]

["mistyped". He types the same wrong words over and over again and claims its a typing error.]

----------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 21 Apr 2014 00:21:18 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll8p8n.sun.mr@irc.sandman.net>

Eric Stevens
Sandman: B&H's camera section was tiny. I wasn't talking about the entire store, just as I didn't include the size of the entire Colonial store either, since it's some 70% hobby things like model airplanes and such.

Sandman
A blatant lie.

Here Tony called me a liar, something I take pretty seriously. Well, not the claim itself, when it comes from trolls like Tony, but lying and honesty, which I think is important. Anyone that have read my posts know that whem I make a claim I am *always* happy to support the claim or admit to it being in error. This is the case in 100% of all my claims, ever.

I don't lie, period.

I do, however, make claims that are estimates, guesses or generalizations, so sometimes when someone challenges a claim I've made, I have to go and make some fact checks and then either support or retract my claim as per above. Always.

Here Tony is calling me a liar when I said that the camera section made up 30% of the Colonial Photo & Hobby store. ....

[At this point Sandman appears to not have yet realised his error about B&H and goes on to defend only his estimates of the area of Colonial devoted to photograpy I don't know whether this just a slip or not]

Sandman[.net]

Date: 23 Apr 2014 05:05:40 GMT Message-ID: <slrnlleim2.es3.mr@irc.sandman.net>

It took several prods from others for you to wake up and acknowledge your error.

No, just one, this one:

Savageduck Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/19/2014 <2014041815195625550-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"We have already established that Jonas has mixed up and misidentified a Florida Best Buy as B&H Photo Video of NYC. B&H has no presence in any State other than NY. Its global online reach negates that necessity."

That was the post that made me see my error. This is my response:

Sandman Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby 04/19/2014 <slrnll5o04.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

[Just one prod .... ] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You missed Message-ID: <2014041719593639934-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>

"B&H is a massive store, the furthest from *very tiny* that anybody could possibly imagine. Take a look at their store information video at full screen. <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/NYSuperStore08.jsp >

Loop. It wasn't "massive", but sure, it's a big store.

Are you talking about the B&H in New York?"

Eric Stevens

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 19 Apr 2014 20:53:52 GMT Message-ID: <slrnll5onm.i52.mr@irc.sandman.net>

You wrote about visiting a B&H in "the loop", not a Best Buy.

Yes, I mistyped and didn't realize my error.

-- Sandman[.net]

[Mistyped! Hah!] --

Regards,

Eric Stevens