Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/29/2014 02:30 (04/28/2014 20:30)
Message-ID<9hstl9ltlsl2t8ppj40lcdvdpj1u365ebd@4ax.com>
FollowsGeorge Kerby
FollowupsSandman (7h & 48m)
George Kerby (13h & 3m)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:33:06 -0500, George Kerby <ghost_topper@hotmail.com>wrote:

George Kerby
On 4/24/14 9:51 AM, in article 3c8il91rpbrj1j3t9qcttjni8uhj8nsdto@4ax.com, "Tony Cooper" <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
On 18 Apr 2014 02:34:56 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <h46uk9h708v9dmb4fe1iqega3tvr2763g0@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Eric Stevens
Here is Camera & Camera, my preferred store in Auckland. This what they sell: https://www.camera-camera.com/

And here is what they sell it in: http://tinyurl.com/ku9es8f

Physically they are not large but judging by what they do, they are quite a big store. At least they feel that way to me.

Sandman
I'm not sure what I should do with this information.

Eric Stevens
It might help you give a reference point when people use words like, large, small, tiny, microscopic etc.

Tony Cooper
I'm quite interested in what Jonas considers to be a "big" store. B&H is a 70,000 square foot store.

Sandman
The camera section isn't. You know, the section we're talking about. I didn't include the model train section in the size of the Colonial either, since it is of no interest to a camera store size discussion.

Tony Cooper
What is this all about? Popinjay has never been in the B&H store according to his own post. Yet, above, he's claiming that the camera section isn't 70,000 square feet.

It probably isn't since some of the square footage is office, warehouse, and rest rooms, but what has this to do with Colonial and model trains?

Something like 5,000 people a day shop at B&H. How would you fit them in a "tiny" store.

Sandman
I'm sure the camera section of B&H actually is significantly larger than colonial, when comparing area, but smaller when it comes to actual photorelated merchandise.

Tony Cooper
Again, what's this? B&H's allocation to photo-related products is smaller than Colonial's?

What does "...the camera section of B&H...(is) larger than colonial...but smaller when it comes to photorelated merchandise" mean? Are cameras not "photorelated" [sic] merchandise?

It's a muddle of a post, but he *seems* to be saying that the area - the square feet allocated to the photo-related merchandise is large - but there are not many products shown in that area.

Obviously, he's never been in a New York store where every square inch of space is utilized. Why he would think B&H doesn't utilize display space boggles the mind.

He's not back thinking that the Best Buy store he was in is a B&H store is he? Can he be this dense?

George Kerby
As an aside, speaking of BestBuy and the 'knowledgeable' employees...

<http://www.theonion.com/articles/white-male-privilege-squandered-on-job-at- best-buy,35835/?utm_source=The+Onion&utm_campaign=aabf6d031e-The_Onion_Weekl y_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6a8b5ad20e-aabf6d031e-16956465>

Or

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/mx2zuh9>

You have to be careful posting a link like this. There are readers of this group who don't know a Best Buy from B&H when they're standing in one, and people with no sense of satire at all who wouldn't know "The Onion" from a rutabaga.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman (7h & 48m)
George Kerby (13h & 3m)